I have already given the introduction to CSS and advantages.Now, there are few ways to use your custom CSS in your site/blog/wordpress.
- Using style tag with HTML elements.
- Using Style element inside HTML page
- Linking external CSS file in your pages
- Importing CSS file inside another CSS file
1. Using Style tag in HTML element:
You can simply use style tag like below to apply styling to your element.
<strong style="color:White; background:black"> Your Text </strong>
2. Using Style element in your page
Add a style element in your Head element and define your css classes.
3. Linking a external css file in page
Add a link to your css file and those classes will be applied to your elements. This is best approach to have clean code and managing your CSS.
4. Import a CSS file inside another CSS file
Use following format to import a CSS file. Remember following import tag should first line in your file.
Note: For point 3 and 4 location of your css file is relative to current file. If you are using direct name.css that means CSS file and HTML/CSS file both are in same directory.