Validation of HTML5 document
In order to validate HTML5 code, we write the following code.
<!DOCTYPE html> <html> <head> <title>TheGeekyWay.com</title> </head> <body> <h1>Welcome to TheGeekyWay.com</h1> </body> </html>
There are various validators online to check the validation, the reason we are doing this so as to correct them now as it might create a problem in future when we are writing the code. The famous validator is http://html5.validator.nu/ validator. Copy and paste the code there, and select the text field and click on validate. After validation you must get this green box.
A good editor is a must, some features that might help you to determine what makes a good editor.
Code is more writable
- Block balancing
Code is more readable
- Syntax Highlighting
- Code Folding
- Function navigation
Some of the good editors are
- Sublime Text(Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Adobe Dreamweaver(Mac, Windows)
- Aptana Studio(Mac, Windows, Linux)
- Text Wrangler(Mac)
In this section we are going to discuss browsers and web consoles, various tools that are used for intersection between browsers and web pages. For now you just should pick one, any browser you pick will probably have some tools built in.
Here are some of the options :-
- Console : Developer Tools
- Developer Version : Chrome Canary (if you are a serious developer then you should use chrome canary, it has great development tools).
- It has a web inspector but generally speaking if you want to do any serious work you need to have a firebug addon.
- Console : Web inspector
- Developer version : Webkit Nightly
- F12 Developer Tools(built-in)
Analyze the following code
[codepen_embed height=220 theme_id=3 slug_hash='wLDGe' user='Deep_Singh' default_tab='Result' animations='run'/]
Hope this tutorial finds you interesting, hit the following social buttons below and spread this article.